Thales Sensors and Missile Systems (SMS) provides state-of-the-art Optronics solutions that enable Warfighters to obtain and maintain operational superiority. To achieve this, we deliver cutting edge sensor technologies that aid in Lethality and Platform Survivability, including:
• Antares – Local Situational Awareness & Laser Warning System
• ELIX-IR – Next Generation IR Threat Warning System
• ESLVDE – Eye Safe Laser Video Day Elbow
• LTD – Laser Target Designator
• LWS – Laser Warning System
• Metsman – Meteorological Sensor
• MicroMELT – Micro-Miniature Eyesafe Laser Transceiver
• MELT and LRF Family – Miniature Eyesafe Laser Transceiver
• Optisonic – Vehicle Hostile Fire Detection (HFD) Sensor
• Sophie Lite – Lightweight Multifunction Surveillance & Target Locator
• TIM – Thermal Imaging Module
Thales’ Laser Range Finder (LRF) and Laser Designator family of products provide core capabilities that vastly improve first round hit accuracy for ground vehicles. Thales is the top supplier of LRFs in the US and for the UK Armored Vehicle fleet, and is also a sole source supplier for the ITSS Eye Safe Laser Video Day Elbow (ESLVDE) program and the Vehicle Optics Sensor System (VOSS) Program of Record with the Miniature Eye Safe Laser Transceiver (MELT). These products include novel, multi-modal approaches to Local Situational Awareness and Laser Warning, as well as Hostile Fire Detection to improve Platform Survivability and facilitate more decisive and rapid reaction time.
SMS also serves the airborne survivability domain with advanced, multi-function Threat Warning Systems for a wide range of rotary and fixed wing platforms, such as helicopters, transport aircraft, and Unmanned Air Vehicles.
Furthermore, SMS is a proven partner for missile fuze, and safe and arm device manufacturing for major US vendors.
For more information about Thales SMS Optronics solutions, contact Jill.Pesca@thalesdsi.com.